Agencies like DPM*Social are becoming more the rage for corporates who really want to sink their teeth into the digital realm. Focus focus and more, in-depth focus is always the key to good advertising and it just makes sense.
Social Media Secrets: The Social Media Calendar
9) A social media calendar should be implemented for all your brands.
Like a newsroom, the feeds of content should stream through to your audience constantly. There should never be a pause.
Keep in mind major holidays, events, and always be on top of current news of the industry you’re focusing on.
It’s simple - look at the schedule, find stories for it, schedule posts and keep on trucking.
Should You Buy Facebook Fans? (Comment)
I just left a comment on a post by frog social’s blog regarding the topic of Facebook fan buying.
Here’s what it boils down to:
Great post. I’ve always found that there are 2 ways you’ll have to spend money.
By being a well-financed corporation, you’ve spent money in R&D, years of traditional advertising, physical shops, well maintained SEO campaigns and millions of dollars in other expenditures. So, people now know you.
On the other hand, if you’re a small business selling donuts in the middle of Las Vegas, the only way to gain notoriety is by making people aware through sites like Facebook, e-mailing friends, family and anyone whose address you have to inform them about your product.
Company A may not have to spend any money on Facebook.
Company B needs to spend money on Facebook.
And once a flow begins with content publishing, then the true fans will stay and the “likeaholics” will fade away.
Keep on Truckin’
You’ve been posting photos, links, texts, videos and answering comments. Your followers have responded beautifully to some posts, while not to others, what’s a social media manager to do?
Keep on going. Continue posting. Wait for inspiration before compiling a post. Reblogging or retweeting or Sharing are good ways to cut the gap in between genuine creativity and pangs of hopelessness.
Keep them engaged. Keep them locked. Keep them believing that you have what it takes to improve their day.
Social Media Secrets Series - Friends not Customers
6) On Social Media, you have the unique opportunity of taking your relationship with consumers to the level of friends, or at the least pleasant acquaintances.
Do not miss this unique opportunity of befriending your customers. No other media has allowed for befriending your customers to date. E-mail marketing, especially when not customized, is known to be spam. Trade shows are a temporary marketplace. Telemarketing is annoying. Mobile messages are the devil’s creation.
The @ symbol on Twitter and comments via Facebook are what truly humanize this medium. And the power contained within each is more significant than you can imagine.
A customer usually ends the relationship with a client once the purchase is made. If the product is good, then they’re happy. If not, then they live with it and maybe end all relations with the establishment.
On social media your customers can tell you whether they’re
Which makes it possible for you to address their concerns, join in their elation, or quell their anger.
How to Win Hearts using Social Media
Social media, the vast and uncharted land is no more. It’s the gold rush and baby everyone wants a nugget.
Mom & pops, van capitalist hipsters, multi-billion dollar corporations and even the president of the United States is gaga over the microblogging platform. But what is the way to win the hearts of your followers on Twitter?
Here are a few tips.
- Follow Back - Don’t always just go on posting things and expecting people to care. Listen to what your followers are seeing. Follow them back. Show them that you care about them as much as they care for you.
- Link Sparingly - Don’t post links on every single post. It gets annoying.
- Don’t Sell, Suggest - Selling directly via Twitter? You might as well take a digital jump off of the Brooklyn bridge. The key is to suggest the right solutions if and when it seems your audience is keen to hear it.
- Be Real - Take the time to approach your constituents independently and write thought provoking material that your audience will like to read. There are several automated content generators out there and guess what? People can tell that you’re a robot.
- Get a Digital Vet - You will need to get savvy communicators and those that are able to express their personalities in a digital format to manage your social media marketing. It cannot just be any salesperson or customer service representative. Find someone with a knack for digital communication.
Follow these rules and win hearts of your audience members!
Social Peanut Butterfly
A delicious monthly (or less frequent) newsletter about the world of social media. It will come with at least one picture of a vegan food item and recipe and maybe music.
This is the social media newsletter your parents told you didn’t exist. Well, guess what. It does.